Grab and Go Meals for the 2020-21 School Year
NEW - As a result of a waiver from the United States Department of Agriculture, Fort Bend ISD will offer free breakfast and lunch meals to all students, regardless of enrollment in FBISD, for the remainder of the shcool year. Meals will be available to students at Grab and Go meals sites.
While the District will be offering free meals to all students for the school year, families are still required to complete the 2020 Free/Reduced Price Meal Application to remain eligible for other benefits. In addition to free or reduced-priced meals and eligibility for the District’s Prekindergarten programs, families can also receive the free or reduced fees for the following:
- SAT and ACT exams
- Internet-at-home services
- Extended Day tuition
- Physicals for student athletes
- Band and orchestra instruments
- Summer school and evening high school tuition
- CTE (Career and Technical Education) course and uniform fees
Fort Bend ISD also benefits when families complete the 2020 Free/Reduced Price Meal Application in a number of ways, including receiving more funding to support students and consideration regarding accountability ratings and fiscal effectiveness.
Families can complete the application on the SchoolCafe app, and will need to have the following information:
- Names of all household members
- Amount, frequency and source of current income for each household member
- Last four digits of the parent’s or guardian’s social security number
- Signature of an adult household member attesting that the information provided is correct
Students will continue receiving free meals regardless of whether a family is denied or not.
Meals are available to any student up to 18 years of age, and special education students regardless of age. Each student can receive only one breakfast and/or lunch meal per day. Please note, there will be no a la carte sales at this time.
Meal times will remain the same, with breakfast being served from 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. and lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Students that pick up breakfast between 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. will continue to receive both breakfast and lunch.
*Note: Breakfast meal times at Dulles High School and Hodges Bend and Missouri City middle schools is from 7 a.m. to 8:10 a.m. due to ongoing construction on these campuses.
Parents can now pick up meals for students, and must provide one of the following documents:
- Student ID cards
- Individual student report cards
- Attendance record from parent portal of Skyward
- Birth certificate for children
Without one of the listed items above, parents will receive meals for the number of students present with them, on foot or in a vehicle.
Grab and Go Meals will be available at 10 locations, listed below:
- *Dulles High School (550 Dulles Ave, Sugar Land, 77478)
- Elkins High School (7007 Knights Ct, Missouri City, 77459)
- Hightower High School (3333 Hurricane Ln., Missouri City, 77459)
- *Hodges Bend Middle School (16510 Bissonet St., Houston, 77083)
- Kempner High School (14777 Voss Rd, Sugar Land, 77498)
- McAuliffe Middle School (16650 S Post Oak Rd, Houston, 77053)
- *Missouri City Middle School (202 Martin Ln, Missouri City, 77489)
- Ridge Point High School (500 Waters Lake Blvd, Missouri City, 77459)
- Travis High School (11111 Harlem Rd, Richmond, TX 77406)
- Willowridge High School (16301 Chimney Rock Rd., Houston, 77053)
Please continue to check the website and social media for any changes to distribution changes.