Degrees and Certifications:
BFA - Theatre - Tarleton State University MEd - Educational Technology Leadership - Lamar University EC - 12 Theatre 7 - 12 Speech
Ms. Ashli McDonald
I graduated from Tarleton State University in December of 2008 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Theatre. I've been teaching in the Houston area since 2009. I previously taught middle school Theatre but recently changed directions due to my passion for helping students advocate and aspire to new heights.
I was a member of the TRIO funded Upward Bound project when I was in high school. This was a huge influence in my decision to become an AVID teacher at Willowridge. I wanted to help students become the best and brightest version of themselves.
It is my 6th year as an Eagle and I sponsor Student Council, National Honor Society, Y.E.S. and serve as the AVID campus coordinator.
I was awarded Teacher of the Year in 2020.
Schoology is utilized in my classroom for turning in assignments, communication with students, reminders, quizzes and more. Due to this cell phones are allowed in class for educational purposes. Students are expected to have the Schoology app downloaded on their device in order to have it in my classroom.
Students can login by going to http://www.fortbendisd.schoology.com and using their Office 365 student email address and computer access password.
Expectations in Class
- Cell Phones are put on the purple X on the right hand corner of the desk, FACEDOWN.
- Students will only retrieve devices when Ms. McDonald tells them to access them for an educational purpose.
- If a student cannot exhibit self-restraint in being on their phone, then their device will be placed in the cell phone sitter bin until the end of class.
Permitted Celluar Usage
- Music - only when Ms. McDonald has stated that music can be listened to and with only ONE earbud in.
- Research from credible news websites - CNN, The New York Times, ect.
No Go Websites/Apps
- Any other non-educational distraction :)
1st Period: AVID IV
2nd Period: AVID III
3rd Period: Conference
4th Period: AVID III
5th Period: Student Leadership
6th Period: AVID IV
7th Period: AVID IV
8th Period: AVID Coordinator
Teacher Tutorial Schedule
Tutorial 1: Monday 3:00-4:00Tutorial 2: Tuesday 3:00-4:00Tutorial 3: Thursday 3:00-4:00Tutorial 4: By Appointment Only