Download, fill out, and print an application (instructions are on the document).
Join our NHS Prospective Members remind by texting @nhs2020nom to 81010.
Beginning 2020-2021 School Year - More Updates To Come, March 2020
Guidlines for new NHS membership will be followed:
· 1. Per, the national constitution, candidates must have been enrolled in the district at least a year to be eligible to apply for NHS. (For example, 9th graders may not apply for NHS. The earliest a student would be considered is at the end of fall in the 10th grade year.)
· 2. If a student has already been selected and inducted into NHS within FBISD and transfers to another FBISD campus, the student remains an NHS member and must continue to meet the criteria set forth.
· 3. If a student had already been selected and inducted into NHS at another school district/campus, the student remains an NHS member for the first semester and then must meet our district criteria to remain in NHS.
· 4. Per district criteria, the student must have an 85/100 or better on the official GPA (transcript)—all courses with numeric course grades are included
· 5. Per district criteria, the student may not have failed any course on the final grade for the course.
· 6. Per district procedures, students are evaluated for academic eligibility effective at the end of the fall semester. Character, service and leadership are assessed in early spring and then selection and inductions occur in mid-to-late spring. New inductees then start membership in the campus chapter at the beginning of the following school year.