Hello Parents and Students,
I am thrilled to be joining the E A Jones family this year. I previously taught in Houston ISD and KIPP Houston schools. I have taught 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grades and ALL Subjects. My favorite subjects to teach are Reading and Social Studies and I hope you will love them, too. I strive to create a classroom environment that values all students and their perspectives. My goals this year are to listen more than I speak and support your child in taking ownership of their learning.
A little about me...
• I was born and raised in Odessa, TX which is known for its oil fields.
• I moved to Houston in 2007.
• I also married my husband John Black in 2007.
• My daughter, Savannah, came along in 2015.
• In 2019, I graduated with a Master's Degree in Teaching.
• In 2020, my family and I moved to Missouri City.
I look forward to learning more about you and your family very soon.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns about learning, the virtual classroom, or your child's progress.
I am here to support you!