Fort Bend ISD Gifted and Talented Services
The mission of the Fort Bend ISD Gifted and Talented services is to provide learning opportunities that challenge and develop the abilities of identified gifted students through critical, creative and self-directed learning, as well as meet their social and emotional needs.
All students identified as Gifted and Talented are provide the following:
- GT services are provided in the core subject areas: English language arts, social studies, math and science.
- Program services for identified Kindergarten students begin March 1 as mandated by the state.
- Identified students in grades K-5 are cluster grouped with GT trained teachers.
- At the secondary level (grades 6-12), services are provided through open enrollment Pre-AP and AP classes.
- All Pre-AP and AP core content teachers are trained in gifted instructional strategies.
- Curricular compacting, lesson differentiation, and participation in the projects aligned to the Texas Performance Standards Project (TPSP) are some of the many curricular options utilized in core GT classes.