Degrees and Certifications:
M.ED. Educational Leadership B.A. History Minor: Geography Certifications: 4-8 Social Studies and 7-12 Social Studies
Ms. Sarah Hosea
Welcome to the 2022-2023 school year! I am incredibly excited about working with our 9th and 10th grade AVID students this year. My name is Sarah Hosea and this is my seventh year in Fort Bend ISD and second year at Ridge Point High School. I am looking forward to watching my students grow into critical thinkers and leaders through our AVID systems. I am proud to be an AVID teacher for our nationally recognized AVID program.
I graduated from Texas A&M University (Whoop!) in 2013 with a degree in history and a minor in geography. I completed my masters degree from University of North Texas in 2019 with a degree in Educational Leadership. I attended Fort Bend ISD schools and I am honored to be back in a district that made me who I am today. Please always feel free to send an e-mail with any questions and together we will make this a wonderful school year!
Required Supplies for the 2022-2023 School Year
- 1.5 or 2-inch Binder: Provided in purple, black, & white; other colors can be purchased.
- Binder Tabs/Dividers: 8 basic provided, additional can be purchased. Cannot contain pockets.
- School Supply Pouch: Can have holes to go in binder rings or be a separate bag. Can be a dedicated pocket in your backpack.
- 2+ highlighter colors, pens, pencils
- Planner: AVID planner provided; personal preferences can be purchased.
- Loose Leaf Notebook Paper
- Ruler (that fits inside pouch or in rings)
- Colored pens, pencils, or markers
- Index cards
- Personal pencil sharpener
- USB drive
- Loose leaf graph paper
- Internet capable device with charger. We provide laptops in class if needed.
Period 1: ConfrerencePeriod 2: AVID IPeriod 3: AVID IPeriod 4: AVID IPeriod 5: AVID IPeriod 6: AVID IIPeriod 7: AVID II
Teacher Tutorial Schedule
Tutorials are Thursday mornings at 7:00am.Tutorials can be scheduled any other morning other than Monday due to my morning duty.