Financial Assistance Application Guidelines 2018-2019
***Incomplete applications will be denied.***
Please ensure you have filled out the application completely.
A limited amount of financial assistance is available. Extended Day does not guarantee that all applicants will receive assistance. Once all funds have been dispersed for the year, no additional assistance will be available.
Fort Bend ISD Extended Day Program attempts to assist as many families as possible with its financial assistance budget and to make sure the aid goes to families that demonstrate the most need. The budget is limited and is distributed on a first come, first served basis. In making determinations of need, Extended Day gives preference to students who are participating in the Free and Reduced Lunch Program and who demonstrate a need for after school care to work, attend school (face to face class), or job training. The Fort Bend ISD Extended Day Program is self-supporting. Its only source of income is the tuition and fees it collects. For this reason, the financial assistance budget must be strictly monitored each year, and is limited.
Students receiving free and/or reduced lunch will receive priority consideration for financial assistance. Families that do not meet this criterion should consider the split payment option.
Foster parents may submit documentation of placement from the state in lieu of personal financial documentation. Foster parents will qualify for a reduced rate regardless of lunch status. Registration fee for foster children may be transferrable if child is withdrawn from program and another foster child enrolls in the program within the same school year.
Complete applications and accompanying documentation must be received by the deadlines below:
|July 23, 2018
||August 1, 2018
||August 15, 2018
|September 3, 2018
||September 17, 2018
||October 1, 2018
|October 15, 2018
||November 15, 2018
||December 3, 2018
|December 11, 2018
||January 11, 2019
||February 1, 2019
|January 22, 2019
||February 19, 2019
||March 1, 2019
|February 25, 2019
||March 18, 2019
||April 1, 2019
Applicants will be notified of assistance decisions via mail according to the chart above. Due to the confidentiality of the information, this information is not given over the phone.
There are no appeals; however, a second application will be accepted if documentation was missing or if circumstances have changed. The level of assistance granted may differ from previous years. Neither appeals nor second applications will be accepted in order to change the amount of assistance. If there were a change in circumstances from the first application, a second application will be accepted. No appeals will be heard by phone. No phone calls please.
Anyone who does not receive financial assistance but feels that he or she will have a problem making the regular payments on schedule should consider the split payment option. Families on split payments will pay $127 on the 1st of each month and $127 on the 15th of each month, or the first business day thereafter. The cost of this payment plan is $4/month above the monthly fee in order to cover the costs associated with double deposits. A completed Split Tuition Agreement must be sent to the Extended Learning Main Office in order to enroll. The agreement is located on our website or is available at any of our site locations. It is important to pay tuition on time to avoid withdrawing children from the program due to payment issues. Split pay is only available for parents who pay the full afterschool tuition.
- Assistance applications will only be considered if each of the following is met:
- Filled out completely and legibly; incomplete applications will be denied.
- Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, mailed or delivered to Extended Learning - 226 Lakeview Dr. Sugar Land, Texas 77498
- Received by the deadline; AND
- Accompanied by the following documentation:
If a parent or relative is available at home during our hours of operation, the application will be denied for aid.
Families that do not qualify for free or reduced lunch are eligible to apply for financial assistance. However, limited aid is available. The following must accompany the application in order to be considered:
- Two most current, consecutive payroll check copies OR a salary verification letter on employer letter head, signed by an authorized party (from both parents, if applicable) for all working adults in the household. Payroll information must be dated no more than two weeks prior to application date.
- Documentation showing amount received for any of the following: welfare payments, child support, alimony, unemployment, pension, retirement, food stamps, and social security (i.e. bank statement, SSI letter, etc.)
- Copy of properly –filed I.R.S. 1040 or 1040AS. Individual Income Tax Return from the most recent tax year filed.
- If parent is a full time student or in a job training program, a current schedule from school or program must be attached showing the course hours. Online courses do not qualify.
Information will be reviewed periodically. Change in status, especially relating to lunch and parent/household information could result in a request for documentation and/or a cancelation of the award for financial assistance. Inform the Extended Day Main Office and the school registrar of any changes to limit disruption of assistance.
2. Application packages which do not include any income information will be denied without appeal. All sources of household income, including child support, should be reported.
3. Information on application will be verified and must match school records.
4. Application materials may be mailed to 226 Lakeview Dr., Sugar Land TX 77498, or emailed to email@example.com. Emails will be returned within two business days. Verification is not available by phone.
2018-2019 Financial Aid Application and Guidelines