Eligibility - Newly Enrolled and Private/Home School
- Fort Bend ISD students who were not enrolled in FBISD when fall testing took place.
- Students who attend private/home schools, live in the FBISD attendance zone during the referral window, and plan to enroll in FBISD for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Students must be six (6) years old by September 1, 2018 and eligible to enter first grade.
- The referral will be available for parents to complete online from the Fort Bend ISD website in January 2018.
- The deadline for submitting the registration packet is January 31, 2018. No late referrals will be accepted.
- Tests will be administered on February 24, 2018. This is the only date tests will be administered.*
- Parent and Teacher Rating Scales will be given to parents when a valid referral is returned to the Advanced Academics
- Test scores and rating scale scores are plotted on the Gifted and Talented Identification Profile.
- The selection committee convenes to make identification decisions based on district criteria.
- Students are identified for FBISD GT services in specific content areas, math/science and English language arts/social studies.
- Parents are notified in writing of the selection committee's decision.
- Parents are advised of their right to appeal.
- Parents must appeal in writing within ten school days as indicated on the notification letter.
- The Appeals Committee responds with their decision in writing within ten school days of the meeting.
2016-2017 GT Spring Referral Window has closed.
The 2016-2017 window to refer private and home schooled students for GT Testing has now closed. The window will reopen in January 2018 for consideration for services at the start of the 2018-2019 school year.