Using data from the Learning Model Selection process, school routines and transitions will be developed to support safe student access to meals during breakfast and lunch times. The percentage of students will dictate the degree of student movement that can be accommodated to support mealtimes during the day, with students either eating meals in the cafeteria with appropriate social distancing, or in their classrooms.
Determinations regarding food services logistics will be made based on prioritizing defined health and safety protocols.
- Students eating in the cafeteria will be spaced out at least six feet, with all students seated on one side of the table, facing the same direction.
- Meals will be packaged in to-go containers for students who need to return to classrooms to eat, and disposable plasticware will be provided. Students will also be using disposable trays for the immediate future, until conditions improve.
- All students will use their student ID badge to eliminate the need to punch their number on a keypad, and if a student doesn’t have one, a staff member will enter their ID number in the computer.
- FBISD recommends that cash is not used, and instead, parents may pre-load their student’s account at schoolcafe.com/fbisd.
- All serving lines will be cleaned in between each meal period, and tables and chairs will also be cleaned in between use.