FBISD offers a technology Lending Library for students who do not have access to a personal technology device. The District also supports a “Bring Your Own Device” (BYOD) model that allows students to bring their own personal devices to school, if desired. To learn more, including minimum device specifications if purchasing a personal device for student use, review the FBISD BYOD Guide.
Your student will use the following technology tools to engage in online instruction.
Find more detailed information, how-to's and FAQs about the below Technology Tools on the Technology Resources page.
- FBISD 1Link (Powered by ClassLink) is a single sign-on platform that allows students to utilize one username and password to access their digital resources and tools.
- All actively enrolled FBISD students can access 1Link using their district email (Ex. email@example.com) and network password.
- 1Link is web-based and available from the classroom or at home. You can access 1Link from a computer or mobile device.
- Schoology is the FBISD Learning Management System used to access course content and instructional materials and engage students in the FBISD learning framework. It provides a streamlined communication system for parents and teachers.
- Microsoft Teams is the FBISD platform for the delivery of synchronous (live) instruction, teacher/student collaboration, and other learning experiences, such as intervention and small group instruction.
- Note: District-issued devices have Teams pre-loaded. To load Teams to a personal device, see the Quick Links section below.
Respondus LockDown Browser
- Expectations for academic integrity are FBISD requirements outlined in the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) and Student Code of Conduct and reinforce the display of digital citizenship in all activities, assignments, and interactions.
- To promote academic integrity, FBISD is utilizing Respondus LockDown Browser technology. ] The Respondus LockDown browser locks down the testing environment within Schoology to prevent students from navigating away from the test during completion. This tool will be used in Schoology for tests, quizzes, and other assessments.
- Skyward is the FBISD student information system and the official record for grades, attendance, and disciplinary infractions.
What You Can Expect to Find in Skyward
- Reporting of daily and major grades aligned to Fort Bend ISD Board Policy EIA Standard Operating Procedures
- Documentation of daily attendance and disciplinary infractions
- Student schedules