FBISD will continue to provide students with academically rigorous content that is aligned to the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) and the FBISD curriculum, focused on developing the attributes of the Profile of a Graduate.
The following expectations are used to support a rich learning environment for all students. The Fort Bend ISD learning experience includes:
- The development of genuine relationships amongst students and with teachers through interactive, live learning experiences, purposeful collaboration, opportunities for purposeful talk as well as self/peer assessment and intentional social emotional learning.
- The delivery of instruction through the Schoology Learning Management System using research-based practices aligned to content specific instructional models.
- The use of authentic learning experiences, rich tasks, and analysis of student work to monitor student progress throughout the learning experience in order to provide tiered instruction.
- The implementation of continuous live instruction, small group supports, and differentiated learning opportunities to support responsive instruction in order to meet the needs of diverse learners.
- The utilization of rubrics, checklists, and online tools by students and their peers to promote reflection and to allow for teachers to provide immediate feedback to students within the Learning Management System.