Founders Grant Applications are due November 30, 2022.
PurposeThe purpose of the Founders grant is to identify and fund unique, transformative, sustainable programs for a school site or department that is deemed more effective and timely if funded at a higher level. Funds will not be awarded for capital improvements or programs that emphasize improving standardized test scores.It is the expectation that the grant be for programs that are exceptionally creative and innovative which, if awarded, will significantly enhance the educational experience for FBISD students.The selection criteria will be more rigorous and, based on the merit of the application and in competition with other applications; a Founders Grant may or may not be awarded in a given year. Along with the application, the site principal or one-up level in a department will need to write a letter of support for implementation and this should be uploaded into your application.Amount of Award: Up to $20,000Grant Cycle: Grant applications will occur in two phases
- November – Applications due
- January – Notification notice will go out declining your application or inviting you to the presentation phase.
- February/March – Selected applicants will be invited by the Founders Grant Committee to present and defend their project. The interview may include FBISD guest content experts to aid the Committee in final selection.
- Late April – Notification letters will go out.
- May – Grant Awards Ceremony
- This program will include a post-implementation evaluation/impact report.
Distribution of Funds:
- Funds will be distributed and coordinated by the Business and Finance Office of FBISD.
- Funds will not be awarded for stipends or out of town travel.