May 17 - A MESSAGE FROM MR. BROGAN:
Senior Panther Families,
Everyone at Ridge Point is anxiously awaiting the excitement of the last week of school and I wanted to share with you a few important dates and events happening next week for the Class of 2019. Seniors who are not exempt will start their exams Monday and they will continue through Wednesday.
Wednesday at 1:30 p.m., we will distribute caps and gowns also graduation tickets.
Thursday is our new date for the senior breakfast starting at 8:00 a.m. and last walk starting at 9:30 a.m.
Friday, if seniors are not exempt from their 5th period exam they will need to report at 7:30 a.m. to take it. All other seniors need to report to the competition gym by 9:30 a.m. for graduation practice.
Finally, on our Graduation day Saturday, all seniors need to report to the commons by 5:30 p.m. so we can stage and board buses for Smart Financial Center and graduation which will start promptly at 8:00 p.m.
The Class of 2019 is a special group who have made a positive impact on Ridge Point. We are extremely proud of all their accomplishments and we will miss them. We know they are off to make a difference in our world and wish them the best of luck on their journey.
Ridge Point High School
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING SENIOR EVENTS:
Seniors and Senior Parents,
As you are aware, the delayed start last Wednesday meant the AP English Literature Test was postponed. The College Board has set the make-up testing date for the morning of Friday May 24th, which is when we were originally scheduled to have our senior breakfast and last walk.
We have 109 seniors signed up to take the AP English Literature Test. We know all graduates also want to be a part of senior breakfast and last walk. In order to make sure all of our seniors can enjoy these school traditions, we are going to move the senior breakfast and last walk to Thursday May 23rd. The breakfast will start at 8:00 a.m. and the last walk will start at 9:30 a.m.
Friday, seniors who need to take their 5th period exam will report to school at 7:30. All other students will report to the competition gym by 9:30 for graduation practice. For those 109 students who will be AP testing Friday morning, we will hold a separate graduation practice for you at 11:15.
All Cap and Gowns plus graduation tickets will be distributed in the afternoon, May 22nd during the senior activity time scheduled for 1:26-2:45 p.m.
Please understand the reason behind this change is to allow for all of our seniors to participate in senior breakfast and last walk. We are doing our best to make this tradition available to all graduates. If you have any concerns with the schedule please let me know as soon as possible so we can take them in to consideration.
May 1 Graduation Parking Passes on Sale:
In order to expedite parking the day of the event, families can pre-purchase parking online. The cost to park at the event is $10 and there is no service fee added to your transaction. You can print your parking ticket at home, or display it on your mobile phone. Questions regarding parking may be directed to Smart Financial. Parking passes for graduation are available for purchase here.
Here are a few FAQs:
May 25- Graduation: Saturday, May 25, 2019, 8pm, Smart Financial Centre
April 1- Online Prom ticket sales close: Monday, April 1, 2019
April 2-8 Prom a la carte CASH ONLY ticket sales at the school.
- Senior Scram Ticket is *$115 cash or check to RPHS/ $120 online through RevTrak
- All attendees MUST wear the official RPHS Class of 2019 t-shirt to board the bus! T-shirts sold for $20 cash or check to RPHS/ online through RevTrak.
- All attendees MUST have a Senior Scram permission slip completed and on file by April 24th: Senior Scram Permission Slip
April 5 - Deadline to sign up for TSI. Complete registration form here. TSI will be administered April 17. Don't know if you need to take it? Click here for information.
April 8- On site prom a la carte ticket sales close TODAY!
Senior Reminders Week of 4/9-4/13:Senior Activites 4/8-4/13
April 10- Class panoramic photo*: Wednesday, April 10, 2019, during Advisory period
*Seniors MUST wear a RPHS Purple Shirt to be in the class panoramic photo!
April 11 and 12- Prom wristband distribution: Table for distribution will be located near the Commons on Thursday, April 11, 2019 10:15AM-10:45AM + during all lunches AND Friday, April 12, 2019 during all lunches
April 13- Prom: Saturday, April 13, 2019, 8pm -12am, Citadel Houston
April 16 and 17
- Senior Panoramic photos available for pick up during all three lunches! Senior Package includes panoramic photo. A la carte photos sold for $30 cash or check to Herndon Panoramics, credit card orders use this link: Herndon Panoramics
April 18- Senior Scram a la carte ticket sales close Thursday, April 18, 2019.
April 17 - TSI Administered at RPHS
April 30 - Scholarship Reporting DUE
Seniors should report all scholarship offers. The name of the scholarship and organization are printed in the graduation program and senior awards night program. Scholarship amounts are used for internal office use only and reported as a Class of 2019 total. Please read through the following guidelines:
- Please report ALL scholarship offers; this includes those that you are NOT accepting.
- You MUST include documentation of the scholarship offer (copies of emails or offer letters). For athletic offers done verbally please have your high school coach email Ms. Braucht to verify the offer.
- You can report scholarships throughout the year as they are received.
- Students can report scholarships by:
- To guarantee that scholarship offers are printed in the programs they must be received by midnight on April 30th.
- *$100 cash or check to RPHS/ $105 online through RevTrak
- Students selling their prom ticket to another RPHS senior: Prom Ticket Transfer Form