Fort Bend ISD is reimagining education and how we work together to support our students and staff, in accordance with the District’s Mission, Vision and Core Beliefs and Commitments.
Navigate through the links on the left for details on how we are partnering with you to launch a successful 2020-21 school year.
Student instruction will begin online August 17, 2020.
Online Learning School Day Instructional Hours
- Elementary School: 8:10 a.m. to 3:25 p.m.
- Middle/High School: 9 a.m. to 4:15 p.m
- After careful consideration of the current situation in the Fort Bend area, and the latest TEA guidance, Fort Bend ISD has determined that instruction will remain online for at least four weeks and until local health authorities advise it is safe for students and staff to congregate.
- Updated TEA guidance as of July 17, 2020, allows for four weeks of online learning, and an additional four-week extension is based on Board approval of a TEA waiver, amounting to the possibility of eight weeks total. This is subject to review by the FBISD COVID-19 Advisory Committee.
- In the coming weeks, you will have the opportunity to identify whether you plan to have your student continue learning online or would like to resume face-to-face instruction when possible.
- Timely updates will be provided here as information becomes available.
2020-21 School Calendar
- August 6 – First Day for Teachers
- August 17 – First Day of School
- 174 days for Student Instruction
- Meets all TEA guidelines
- Frontloads 6 days of teacher professional learning to support preparation and planning
- September 25 (County Fair Day) removed as a holiday
- Asynchronous learning option
- Friday, October 9 transitions to a regular school day from professional learning/student holiday
- Required Professional Learning moved to November 23 and 24
- Teachers who have completed will be able to take those days as part of Thanksgiving Holiday
- Those who have not completed professional learning have dedicated time to complete online modules