2013-14 Calendar Information
The FBISD Calendar Committee developed recommendations regarding the 2013-2014 school year calendar. The Committee would like to hear from you!
Between December 12, 2011 and January 6, 2012, the community is encouraged to indicate their preferred calendar for the 2013-2014 school year. Community preferences and input will be included in a report for the Board of Trustees. The Board will approve a calendar that best meets the academic needs of Fort Bend ISD’s over 69,000 students.
Guiding Principles and Parameters
- Build a calendar that serves instruction
- Include staff development days for professional growth
- Honor the testing calendar
- Account for graduation site availability
- 180 instructional days for students
- 187 minimum standard contract days for teachers
- First day of instruction must occur on or after the fourth Monday of August
- 4 campus professional development days
- 1 campus professional development day with a district focus (7 hours of mandatory professional development - total of 21 for teachers when added to the 14)
- 14 mandatory PD Gold Standard hours
- 2 teacher preparation days
- Calendar Development
- Calendar Committee Meetings
- November 2, 2011
- November 29, 2011 (if needed)
- Others as needed and agreed upon by the committee
- Calendar Review
- Administrative Team (ATM membership)
- Campuses (CBLT and faculty)
- Academic Advisory Council (AAC)
- Community (Website)
- Submit for Board approval in February
- Bad Weather Days
The designation of “bad weather” make-up days is not indicated on the school calendar. FBISD will determine on an as-needed basis any necessary make-up days due to bad weather.
- The state mandated school start date limits the options available for developing the school calendar.
- Ending the school year the first week in June conflicts with university classes for staff and students