FBISD Encourages Online Free & Reduced Meal Applications for the 2016-2017 School Year
All families must re-apply annually beginning this year on Monday, August 8, 2016. Applications must be submitted and approved by Thursday, October 6, 2016 to avoid a lapse in benefits.
In preparation for the 2016-2017 school year, Fort Bend ISD’s Child Nutrition Department is encouraging families to take advantage of the online process when completing the Free & Reduced Meal application. Families will not receive printed applications this year. Beginning Monday, August 8, 2016 families may complete an online application from any device with internet access at http://fortbendisd.heartlandapps.com.
Families will need the following information available when completing the online application:
- Student’s legal name (first and last), birth date, and assigned ID number (if known)
- Student’s school name
- All household gross income and/or SNAP (formerly food stamps) or TANF eligibility determination group number (EDG # - this is not the Case #)
- Last four digits of the parent’s/guardian’s social security number
Families who do not have internet access may:
- Visit their child’s school and complete the application on a school computer
- Visit FBISD’s Child Nutrition Department (555 Julie Rivers Dr., Sugar Land, 77478) for computer access Monday through Friday 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM or 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
- Request an application from their child’s campus
GREAT NEWS! Beginning this year families have the ability to check their eligibility status online and print their eligibility letters by going to http://fortbendisd.schoollunchstatus.com and entering their application confirmation number or the student’s last name and school ID number. Also, their eligibility letters will be emailed to the email address supplied on their meal application.
For more information or assistance contact the Child Nutrition Department at (281) 634-1196.